Travelling is one of the most favoured activities among the majority of individuals. The excitement knows no bounds, especially if it is your first international trip!
According to IATA, one out of every 25,000 international passengers who board an aircraft without the proper documentation, pays a fine.
In addition to your essentials and must-haves like your tickets, passport, and visa, you should buy online travel insurance, which may be a must for international travel.
But, before you buy it, it is essential to understand what does travel insurance cover?
Here is a quick checklist of all important documents required for international travel –
- Passport and Visa: When travelling to a foreign country, a passport is a foremost prerequisite.
After your passport, your visa is the second most essential item. A visa is a stamp on your passport indicating that you are permitted to visit another country; thus, it is one of the necessary travel documents.
A few nations offer visas upon arrival, but most require an application in advance.
Consequently, you must determine whether your travel destination grants visas upon arrival and arrange your travel documents accordingly. As a precaution, you must also carry the original documents required for your passport.
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate: Despite improvements in the pandemic scenario, governments continue to take precautions since the coronavirus remains a significant threat to all. International travel during this period requires documents such as a negative COVID-19 report, immunisation certificate, etc.
Some countries require a health declaration form, among other requirements. These regulations vary significantly between countries and aircraft carriers. Ensure you inquire about each of them and prepare your COVID documentation following the most recent rules.
- Duplicates of ID proof documents: When travelling to a foreign country, it is essential to carry both the original and a few copies of your ID. You may require them for hotel check-in and attendance at select events and seminars.
- Flight tickets and accommodation reservation confirmation: Despite their obviousness, some individuals may overlook them because they have too much to manage. These documents are essential and must be accessible in electronic format, if not hard copy.
In many nations, the documentation required for overseas travel would be identical for visa processing. This implies they must be maintained safe and available at the immigration counter of the destination country upon arrival.
- Detailed itinerary information: Your entire journey rests on this. According to your itinerary, you will book hotels, adventure activities, festivals, and other events and activities.
If you fix a schedule, you can only plan your trip to maximise its potential. Additionally, several nations need an itinerary before obtaining a visa.
- Foreign exchange: While digital payment is widespread and accepted in most foreign countries, carrying local cash is vital. It may take a longer time to exchange money abroad. Hence, it would help if you ideally get your currency exchanged in India.
Additionally, many prefer carrying traveller’s cheques. This will also save you time and money on any currency exchange fees.
- Event tickets: If you plan to attend a festival or the theatre, you must likely get your tickets in advance. When you enter the nation, you might not get access to all the exciting activities you wish to participate in. It is better to book them as soon as you decide what you want to do on your trip.
- International travel Insurance: Due to the numerous unknowns, international travel can be both exciting and risky. Hence, travelling with international travel insurance is recommended. You can buy travel insurance online in a jiffy. Problems such as loss of passport, baggage, cancelled or delayed flights, etc., are usually what is covered in travel insurance.
We hope you find this list useful and have safe international travel soon.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.