Exciting Road Trip from Pune to Mumbai
The city of dreams is a city of the architectural and colonial structures. The city is known for its hot spots for tourism, be it for historic resemblance or its nightlife.
The city also houses India’s Hindi film and television industry also known as Bollywood. Mumbai is the city for explorers and can inspire anyone because this beautiful city is always beaming with vibrancy, vigour and life. Mumbai is one of such metropolitan cities in India that never sleeps because of its continuous hustle and bustle. With many beautiful weekend destinations located in and Mumbai, you get an amazing opportunity to spend relaxed time with you near and dear ones.
A road trip to Pune to Mumbai is a very convenient weekend getaway for your family and friends. Mumbai is only about a 150 km from Pune so it makes more sense to book a cab for Pune to Mumbai.
The roads are in great condition and one can witness the beauty of the state of Maharashtra and also one can stop for refreshments along the way.
Pune to Mumbai taxi is also easily accessible and fun to get around the city. Pune to Mumbai cab is 24*7 available with a wide range of services. One way cab Pune to Mumbai is the best option for the travellers who would like to travel only from Pune to Mumbai. A cab would pick you up and drop you at your preferred location in Mumbai. One can also book or get Pune to Mumbai airport cab as there are a number of cab services which provides easy booking and payment options. If you are keen on a reliable, flexible booking option Pune to Mumbai cab fare can be convenient and hassle free than going by bus or train.
Mumbai-Pune express-way is one the best express-way in the country which makes the drive really exciting and the travellers loves to zoom by.
Places to visit in Mumbai
- Gateway of India: It is the city’s top tourist spot. It is Located on the waterfront in the Apollo bunder area in South Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian Sea. The gateway of India is considered as a “symbolic monument” that represents the city Mumbai.
- Marine Drive: It is one of the most beautifully laid boulevards in southern part of Mumbai. You can sit there for hours and hours and not get bored. Also, this is the place to enjoy the nightlife, clubs and jazz for night owls. Even thousand words would not be equal to the view of the Marine drive, physically.
- Juhu Beach: Juhu beach is one of the most popular beaches of Mumbai, and is located close to Andheri. Juhu beach has a lot to offer. Be it the calmness of the beach or the delicacies sold here, there is so much flavour to all of this. It’s worth a visit if you are in Mumbai.
- Siddhivinayak Temple: It is situated in Prabhadevi, Dadar. If you come with pure heart in temple, then lord Ganesha will surely fulfils your desires. There’s a certain level of peace and tranquillity in the temple which evokes a different emotion.
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link: Spanning across the arc of Mumbai coastline, it is the architectural intelligence of the engineers. The drive on the link will make you feel mesmerized and elated.
Places to see en route Pune to Mumbai
- Lonavala: Lonavala is a beautiful hill station which is located just 80 km away from the City of Pune. Rainy season increases the beauty of Lonavala. It offers an alluring and bewitching experience of nature’s most gifted region.
- Alibaug: Alibaug is a beach town offering you unlimited fun and there’s no dearth of fun or activities you cannot do. You can also have fun with water sports, play beach volleyball, do camping and sunbathing.
- Lavasa: Lavasa is approximately 65 km away from Pune. It is Small Township built on the banks of river. Lavasa has beautiful waterfalls; you will get some really beautiful breath-taking view while driving through the Ghats.
What’s the best time to visit?
The best time to go on a road trip is usually November to February. It is best to avoid the summers and enjoy in the winter months.
How to reach Mumbai from Pune?
Mumbai and Pune are two major cities in India and are well connected to the rest of the country and each other through rail, road and air routes. The two cities are connected via NH48. The 150 km stretch takes about 3 hours to cover.
What is the road condition between Pune and Mumbai?
The NH48 connects Pune to Mumbai and is maintained by the NHAI of India. The road condition is excellent and provides all weather connection between the two cities. The road is smooth and comfortable to drive on and provides fast and easy access to both the cities.