Vaping is much safer for your health than smoking as you are not consuming the hundreds of dangerous chemicals you find in cigarettes. However, some flavours of vape juice can be harmful to you if you use them too frequently, and some of the mixed flavours can be worse for you due to the different chemicals mixed to make the flavoursome vape juices. Below are some of the flavours you will want to avoid using too much of so you can maintain your health and make vaping as safe as possible for you.
What Is In E-Liquid?
If you have ever wondered what is in e-liquid, the recipe is relatively simple and is something that you could make at home if you have the ingredients. E-liquids will usually comprise of the following:
- Vegetable Glycerine – The substance that gives you big clouds of smoke.
- Propylene Glycol – The substance that gives you a hit on the back of your throat.
- Water – Added to increase the volume of the liquid.
- Flavourings – Different chemicals added to improve the taste.
- Nicotine – This is optional and you can vape without nicotine as well.
When you purchase your vape juice from a company abroad, they are often not regulated as much as companies in Europe and the UK, and they also do not have to list all the ingredients in their flavours. As such, you can never be sure what you are buying, unlike when you get your favourite flavour from a website such as vapoholic.co.uk, vape juice UK made and adheres to the strict regulations in place.
Flavourings That May Be Bad For You
Various flavourings may be harmful to you when you vape them, and it is the chemicals used to replicate the flavours added to the vape juice that is bad for you. Some of these potentially harmful flavours include:
- Mixed Flavours – When you create a cocktail of flavours, you increase the number of chemicals in your vape juice, so you may wish to steer clear of these types of concoctions.
- Menthol – Menthol is a popular flavour among many people and has a cooling effect when vaping. However, prolonged use of menthol may damage epithelial cells, increase cell death, and can cause damage to bronchial cells.
- Vanilla – The chemical used to imitate vanilla flavouring is Vanillin, and is one of the worst compounds for you when vaping. Studies have shown that prolonged use of flavours with Vanillin can damage the heart and blood vessels and significantly affect oxygen production in cells.
- Strawberry – Strawberry is another trendy flavour, but prolonged use of this flavour or e-liquid may damage your health. You often find that this flavour profile contains dimethyl pyrazine, which can significantly affect the cells in your body and damage them.
These are just a few of the flavours that can be damaging, and it is always worthwhile reading the ingredients carefully before purchasing your vape juice. You can also speak to the retailer and tell them of your concerns, so they offer a vape juice packed full of flavour but is much safer for you to use.