Caring for our seniors including parents and grandparents can really be troublesome. Your intentions may be pure but your work may keep you busy all day long. After a hectic work schedule, it may not be possible for you to look after your parents, as you must. Even seniors are not interested in visiting the doctor and getting treatment because they might have lost their hopes. In this case, you can get help from a Telemedicine Doctor, who not only saves the life of your elders but also saves a lot of your time. The pros and cons of telemedicine are explained below:
Pros of telemedicine doctor
There are several advantages of taking an online appointment with a doctor, who will interact with you through phone or video calls. Some of them are:
- You don’t have to move out of your home to get medical treatment. It is beneficial if you have parents and grandparents at home, who have trouble walking. In the comfort of your home, you will be able to get the medical assistance you need.
- You can meet your doctor at your own time because you don’t have to get up early in the morning and stand in a queue. If your elders cannot get up early, you can opt for a telemedicine doctor.
- You can save money on doctor’s visits and transportation costs. Since you can consult your doctor in your home, you will be able to save your money, which you can use to get the treatment.
- In case of an emergency in another station, you can still contact your doctor in your hometown and ask for assistance.
Cons of telemedicine doctor
Disadvantages should also be taken into consideration before opting for this option. A few of them are:
- The biggest problem is the connection problem. If the voice or picture is not clear, the doctor may not be able to help you. Since doctors are busy, you may lose your slot. It may have drastic effects if you have an emergency.
- In many cases, physical examination is important and hence, availing of telemedicine doctors will not be of any good. It will save your time and energy if you still go with it.
- The doctor may call you for further examination or tests. You might have to pay for them as well
You should make your decision based on your needs and medical conditions.